Some of Our Accomplishments
We are results-oriented advisors who deliver personal service in an efficient and quality-conscious manner. We have counseled and represented employers and employees in employment matters, from negotiating contracts to drafting and interpreting handbooks to resolving disputes that had to end up in court. We have experience as litigators or as counselors in the various stages of commercial enterprises (including partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies) from their formation through to dismantlement. We have represented small companies, large companies and state governments of the Midwest and Southwest in a variety of matters. Here is a sampling of some of the things we have done:
- Our counsel filed suit at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission against a large generating facility. After a month-long trial against several major Wall Street investment outfits and the generating company, we obtained an order requiring refunds in excess of a hundred million dollars.
- Our counsel have secured the reversals of scores of decisions proposing to deny or denying security clearances for individuals working for, or on contract at, the Department of Defense (Navy, Army, Air Force & Marines), the CIA, the DIA, the NSA, State, Energy, and Justice.
- Our counsel have secured licenses and exemptions for our clients and persuaded agencies to reverse orders divesting our clients of licenses or exemptions.
- Our counsel have provided legal assistance for numerous small businesses and entrepreneurs, from organizing and incorporating a business to negotiating leases and joint ventures to selling the business.
- Our counsel have successfully defended our small business clients in a variety of commercial lawsuits raising claims for breach of contract and tort damages.
- Our counsel have devised and implemented strategies to help businesses reduce or eliminate crushing debt burdens, allowing viable business lines to survive intact while providing protection against personal liability to business owners.
- Our counsel have successfully represented executives, professionals and academics as employees and businesses of all sizes as employers in negotiating contracts and termination agreements and in litigating wrongful termination claims.
- Our counsel successfully defended a class action employment discrimination lawsuit filed against a Fortune 500 company in United States District Court and secured the dismissal of that suit without a penny paid in damages following preparation of our motion for summary judgment.
- Our counsel developed and implemented a strategy at the request of a state consumer advocate that blocked a billion dollar spin-off proposed by a major domestic corporation.
- On behalf of a state utility commission our counsel negotiated an agreement between several federal agencies and the agencies of several states that permitted a precedent-setting interstate merger of two large utilities to go forward while preserving the states’ abilities to protect local ratepayers.